To update your device, please follow the steps below to make sure that your device has the latest software. The latest version is 1.0.55. To ensure an optimal experience with AILA Sit & Play, please follow the steps in our article closely.
A. Update your device to the latest firmware.
- Plug in your AILA Sit & Play into a wall outlet.
- Ensure AILA Sit & Play is connected to your home Wi-Fi network (recommend home Wi-Fi connection for security measures).
- Press the Home button and tap on the AILA Control icon for Settings.
- Tap on About Device and select Detect Firmware updates.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions. Tap on Update to start the process.
6. Tap DOWNLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND to continue playing content while the update is in process.
7. Once the new version has finished downloading, tap install.
8. Wait for the device to complete installation and it will reboot itself. The firmware is now updated on your AILA Sit & Play device. If your current firmware is a much older version, your AILA Sit & Play may have to go through several update cycles to complete installation to the latest firmware version.
- If your update fails and you receive an error message, please ensure you are connected to a stable private Wi-Fi connection and try the update again by pressing the Home Button and navigating to Settings -> "About device" -> "Check for firmware update." This may require a few tries without a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- AILA must have a battery of 50% or more to download a new update
- Once the firmware update completes, new content may download in the background. If you begin a learning session while content is loading (verifiable by the cloud icon in the top right), it may not work. To resolve this, put it on Broadcast mode until the content finishes downloading. If that still doesn’t correct it, please restart the device and try again.
B. Ensure you have the latest version of the AILA For Parents mobile app.
If you have an older version of the AILA For Parents mobile app, please upgrade the app via the Google Play Store or App Store to the latest version to avoid experiencing issues with pairing. You may check the version of your mobile app by navigating to Settings on the app.
Useful Article: How can I access the AILA For Parents Mobile App?
C. Pair the device to the AILA For Parents mobile app.
(Useful Article: How do I pair the AILA For Parents mobile app to my AILA Sit & Play?)
For pairing of the AILA For Parents mobile app with your AILA Sit & Play device, both devices need to be connected to Internet. We recommend that they are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on AILA Sit & Play.
Press the Home Button on the device followed by the AILA Control icon on-screen.
Press the Settings icon in the lower left corner.
Press "About device" in Settings and press QR Code to display the code on the device.
Using your mobile app, scan the QR Code to pair the device.
The latest firmware version is 1.0.55. To check what version your AILA Sit & Play is on, navigate to Settings and go to "About device" to check.