About the Curriculum
AILA Sit & Play is not a toy but an educational tool for parents seeking to start their child’s learning journey. The curriculum-based content is based upon educational best practices that promote healthy cognitive and emotional growth, growing with a toddler, beginning at 12 months to preschool age and following a spiraled scope and sequence. Toddlers will reinforce and consolidate learning concepts continually as learning concepts are enhanced through delivery of the right content at the right time. The device frees parents from hours of researching, curating, and tracking educational content for their children. Ad-free and worry-free, the AILA Sit & Play does it all for the toddlers’ early learning journey towards preschool.
The AILA Sit & Play curriculum focuses on supporting literacy, numeracy, and vocabulary skills. Integrated with this core curriculum, the interactions with the onscreen characters also support “soft skills” such as social-emotional skills, problem-solving skills, communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Letter Awareness: All twenty-six letters of the alphabet with their corresponding sounds, syllables and rhymes leading to elementary phonics patterns and sight words
- Narrative Awareness: With 63 immersive storybooks (and growing!), toddlers gain an understanding of narrative as both fun and instructional, essential for preschool readiness.
- Print Awareness: Understanding that print is read from left to right and top to bottom and knowing that words consist of letters and that spaces appear between words
- Number Awareness: Recognizing and counting the numbers 1-10, size and quantity
- Concept Awareness: Understanding of size, shape, and quantity as a foundation for problem-solving skills
- Vocabulary Awareness: Over 200 key vocabulary words utilizing initial letter sounds to help toddlers towards their goal of learning 1000 unique words by age three.
- STEAM: Colors, Shapes, Observation, and Exploration
- Social-Emotional Skills: Friendship Skills, Managing Emotions, Problem-Solving, and Skills for Learning
- 4C’s: Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Creativity
- Songs: Over 20 sing-along songs, along with original songs that reinforce letters, numbers, shapes, and colors.
- Lullabies: Over 15 lullabies for winding down the day or for quiet times
Three Learning Modes on AILA Sit & Play allow toddlers three distinct learning experiences:
- Broadcast Mode is the default mode of your AILA Sit & Play. Broadcast mode plays learning content continuously, supporting a spiraled learning approach, by providing iterative exposure of key preschool concepts, following the scope and sequence of the early preschool curriculum.
- Learning Session Mode: When your child is ready to learn, start a Learning Session with the mobile Parent App. The session will begin once the current video finishes. This mode is at the heart of your child’s personalized learning experience. Learning Sessions are stand-alone instructional units running approximately 15 minutes, designed to help build a child’s ability to pay attention. During learning sessions, AILA assesses your toddler’s level of engagement, determined by physical, emotional, and auditory reactions, and uses that input to customize future sessions, delivering the right content at the right time.
- Lullaby Mode provides curated content for quiet time.