About the Curriculum
AILA Sit & Play is a hands-free and safe virtual preschool learning system that provides an essential and robust early preschool curriculum for your toddler. Like a personal teacher, AILA adapts to your child’s unique learning style while managing screen time and delivering the right content at the right time.
Your toddler will sing along, read out loud, dance, learn ABC’s, 123’s, colors, shapes, words, and stories together with their animal friends. AILA’s programming also provides quality preschool experiences and social-emotional development to better prepare your child for preschool.
The Animal Island Learning Adventure (AILA) curriculum focuses on supporting literacy, numeracy, and vocabulary skills. Integrated with this core curriculum, the interactions with the onscreen characters also support “soft skills” such as social-emotional skills, problem-solving skills, communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Letter Awareness: All twenty-six letters of the alphabet with their corresponding sounds, syllables and rhymes leading to elementary phonics patterns and sight words, identifying letters in random order
- Narrative Awareness: With over 80 immersive storybooks (and growing!), toddlers gain an understanding of narrative as both fun and instructional, essential for preschool readiness.
- Print Awareness: Understanding that print is read from left to right and top to bottom and knowing that words consist of letters and that spaces appear between words, sounds to words
- Number Awareness: Recognizing and counting the numbers 1-10, size and quantity,
- Concept Awareness: Understanding of size, shape, and quantity as a foundation for problem-solving skills, counting objects in our environment
- Vocabulary Awareness: Over 200 key vocabulary words utilizing initial letter sounds to help toddlers towards their goal of learning 1000 unique words by age three. Learn rhyming words
- STEAM: Colors, Shapes, Observation, and Exploration; Recognizing and extending patterns
- Social-Emotional Skills: Friendship Skills, Managing Emotions, Problem-Solving, and Skills for Learning
- 4C’s: Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Creativity
- Songs: Over 25 sing-along songs, along with original songs that reinforce letters, numbers, shapes, and colors.
- Lullabies: Over 20 lullabies for winding down the day or for quiet times
Three Learning Modes on AILA Sit & Play allow toddlers three distinct learning experiences:
- Broadcast Mode: This is the default mode on AILA Sit & Play for continuous exposure and fun. It plays all the educational content in no particular order so that your toddler can explore and pick up letters, numbers, colors, shapes, stories and music anytime anywhere. It’s perfect to play it in the background during family time and play dates.
- Learning Session Mode: When your toddler is ready to learn, start a learning session with the mobile app. This mode is at the heart of your child’s personalized learning experience. Learning Sessions are stand-alone instructional units running approximately 15 minutes. During learning sessions, AILA assesses your toddler’s level of engagement, determined by physical, emotional, and auditory reactions, and uses that input to customize future sessions, delivering the right content at the right time.
- Lullaby Mode: AILA Sit & Play is a perfect companion when it’s time for your toddler to wind down. Simply turn on the Lullaby Mode and the content will transition to calming music with soft animations that soothe everyone.